Members' Centres and
The Bearsden and Milngavie Members' Centre enjoys a full and varied programme of activities throughout the year.
The programme for October 2015 to April 2016 is given below. Afternoon and evening talks are held at the Milngavie Town Hall (directly opposite Milngavie Rail Station) at 7:30pm or 2:30pm unless otherwise stated. Coach pick-up points are normally at the bus stop outside Milngavie Railway Station and at the bus stop outside the Bearsden Burgh Hall in Drymen Road..
For all trips please contact the leaders to find out further information and to book your place.
Non-members are welcome for a donation of £3.
Programme October 2015 to April 2016
- Thursday 22 October 2015, 7.30pm
- "Scottish Butterflies", a talk by Richard Sutcliffe.
- Thursday 29 October2015
- "A Century of Style: Costume and Colour, 1800–1899", a visit to an exhibition at the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum with Rebecca Quinton.
- Tuesday 17 November 2015
- "A Plethora of Paintings", a visit to two art galleries in Edinburgh.
- Tuesday 24 November 2015, 2.30pm
- "NTS Collections – Conservation & Care", a talk by Suzanne Reid (NTS Conservator).
- Thursday 10 December 2915, 7.30pm
- "Scottish Pewter 1600–1850", a talk by Dr Peter Spencer Davies.
- Friday 11 December 2015, 1.30pm
- Christmas lunch at Ross Priory, with a visit to Loch Lomond Shores.
- Tuesday 12 January 2016
- Theatre outing – Scottish Ballet’s production of Cinderella at Theatre Royal, Glasgow.
- Monday 18 January 2016, 2.30pm
- "Sights and Sites of Glasgow – the History of the City up to 1700", a talk by Margaret Anderson.
- Thursday 18 February 2016, 7.30pm
- "Petticoats and Pinnacles", a talk by Paula Williams.
- Friday 26 February 2016, 7.30pm
- Musical evening at St Paul’s Church, Milngavie, with Lucilla Graham and the choir of the High School of Glasgow Junior School.
- Thursday 17 March 2016, 7.30pm
- "The Great Tapestry of Scotland", a talk by Lyn Dunachie.
- Monday 21 March 2016
- Visit to Glenturret Distillery for lunch and a tour.
- Wednesday 13 April 2016, 7.30pm
- AGM, followed by a talk from Pete Selman (NTS Director of Strategic Development).
NB: Coach pick-up points are normally at the bus stop outside Milngavie Railway Station and at the bus stop
outside the Bearsden Burgh Hall in Drymen Road.
Top of Page