Members' Centres and
The Bearsden and Milngavie Members' Centre enjoys a full and varied programme of activities throughout the year.
The programme for September 2016 to April 2017 is given below. Afternoon and evening talks are held at the Milngavie Town Hall (directly opposite Milngavie Rail Station) at 7:30pm or 2:30pm unless otherwise stated. Coach pick-up points are normally at the bus stop outside Milngavie Railway Station and at the bus stop outside the Bearsden Burgh Hall in Drymen Road.
For all trips please contact the leaders to find out further information and to book your place.
Non-members are welcome for a donation of £3.
Programme September 2016 to April 2017
- Thursday 15 September 2016
- Visit to Stirling Castle and Alloa Tower.
- Tuesday 27 September 2016
- Walk, Kinlochard area.
- Saturday 1 October 2016
- Visit to the Palace of Holyroodhouse for Fashioning a Reign exhibition and the Scottish National Gallery for Inspiring Impressionism exhibition.
- Thursday 20 October 2016, 7.30pm
- "The Hamilton bequest", a talk by Andrew Primrose.
- Wednesday 2 November 2016
- Underground tour of Glasgow Central Station, followed by lunch.
- Monday 21 November 2016, 2.30pm
- "Glasgow artist – looking out, looking in", a talk by Avril Paton.
- Tuesday 6 December 2016, 7.30pm
- "Fred A Farrell – Glasgow’s war artist", a talk by Joanna Meacock.
- Thursday 15 December 2016
- Christmas lunch at House for an Art Lover, following a visit to Holmwood House.
- Tuesday 10 January 2017
- Ballet performance of Hansel and Gretel at the Theatre Royal, Glasgow.
- Monday 16 January 2017, 2.30pm
- "Previous owners of the Burrell Tapestries", a talk by Morna Mathers.
- Friday 10 February 2017
- Tour of the Trades House, Glasgow with light lunch.
- Thursday 16 February 2017, 2.30pm
- "Sights and sites of Glasgow, part 3: 1800–1870 – west to Gilmorehill", a talk by Margaret Anderson.
- March 2017 (details tbc)
- Fundraising event – antiques auction.
- Tuesday 21 March 2017, 7.30pm
- "The Queensferry crossing", a talk by Lawrence Shackman/Alan Shirley (Transport Scotland).
- Thursday 20 April 2017, 7.30pm
- AGM, followed by a talk from Simon Skinner (NTS Chief Executive.
Top of Page