Members' Centres and
The Bearsden and Milngavie Members' Centre enjoys a full and varied programme of activities throughout the year.
The programme for September 2014 to May 2015 is given below. Afternoon and evening talks are held at the Milngavie Town Hall (directly opposite Milngavie Rail Station) at 7:30pm or 2:30pm unless otherwise stated. Coach pick-up points are normally at the bus stop outside Milngavie Railway Station and at the bus stop outside the Bearsden Burgh Hall in Drymen Road..
For all trips please contact the leaders to find out further information and to book your place.
Non-members are welcome for a donation of £3.
Programme September 2014 to May 2015
- Tuesday 16 September 2014 at 7:30pm
- Evening talk "The History of the Weaver's Cottage, Kilbarchan - Past and Present", by Christine MacLeod.
- Wednesday 17 September 2014
- Trip to Dumfries House - coach departs Milngavie at 9:15am, Bearsden at 9:30am.
- Friday 26 September 2014
- Circular walk around Garscube Estate - meet at Milngavie Community Centre car park at 9:30am for travel by car to the car park beside the Small Animal Hospital.
- Thursday 9 October at 2:30pm
- Afternoon talk "Life of a Journeyman Gardener", together with a short account of the School of Heritage Gardening, by Chris Wardle.
- Tuesday October 14th
- Walk from Strathblane to Killearn with lunch at The Old Mill in Killearn, return by coach.
- October date to be confirmed
- Kelpies at The Helix and Bo'ness & Kinneil Railway with lunch at The Dutch Inn at Skinflats.
- Thursday November 13th at 7:30pm
- Evening talk "The Scottish Mining Museum", by Robert McDonald.
- Friday November 28th
- Hopetoun House Christmas Fair with afternoon tea. Coach leaves Milngavie Station at 9:00am and Bearsden Burgh Hall at 9:15am.
- Tuesday December 9th at 7:30pm
- Evening talk "Thorfinn and the Hurricane", the story of the 1953 hurricane which caused enormous loss of life due to the storm surge in the North Sea, by Professor Tom Stevenson.
- Friday December 18th
- Robert Burns Birthplace Museum for Christmas Lunch. Coach departures to be announced.
- January 2015
- Theatre outing to be announced.
- Wednesday January 14th 2015 at 7:30pm
- Evening talk "The History of Nature Conservation", by Dr Paul Watson, Head of Habitat and Species at the RSPB.
- Thursday February 19th 2015 at 2:30pm
- Afternoon talk "Sites and Sights of 18th Century Glasgow - The Tobacco Barons", by Margaret Anderson.
- Thursday February 26th 2015
- A musical evening with Jonathan Hawkins and Friends at Kilmardinny House at 7:30pm.
- Tuesday March 17th 2015 at 7:30pm
- Evening talk "Glasgow Museums - 17th Century Costumes", by Rebecca Quinton, Curator of European Costume and Textiles at Glasgow Museums.
- Wednesday April 15th 2015 at 7:30pm
- AGM followed by talk, "The Work of the Buildings Department and the Hill House in Helensburgh", by Bryan Dickson, Head of Buildings at the National Trust for Scotland.
- Monday May 11th - Friday 15th 2015
- Holiday in Shropshire and the Welsh Marches. Details will be announced later.
NB: Coach pick-up points are normally at the bus stop outside Milngavie Railway Station and at the bus stop
outside the Bearsden Burgh Hall in Drymen Road.
Top of Page