Members' Centres and
The Bearsden and Milngavie Members' Centre enjoys a full and varied programme of activities throughout the year.
The programme for February to September 2015 is given below. Afternoon and evening talks are held at the Milngavie Town Hall (directly opposite Milngavie Rail Station) at 7:30pm or 2:30pm unless otherwise stated. Coach pick-up points are normally at the bus stop outside Milngavie Railway Station and at the bus stop outside the Bearsden Burgh Hall in Drymen Road..
For all trips please contact the leaders to find out further information and to book your place.
Non-members are welcome for a donation of £3.
Programme February to September 2015
- Thursday February 19th 2015 at 2:30pm
- Afternoon talk "Sites and Sights of 18th Century Glasgow - The Tobacco Barons", by Margaret Anderson.
- Thursday February 26th 2015
- A musical evening with Jonathan Hawkins and Friends at Kilmardinny House at 7:30pm.
- Tuesday March 17th 2015 at 7:30pm
- Evening talk "Glasgow Museums - 17th Century Costumes", by Rebecca Quinton, Curator of European Costume and Textiles at Glasgow Museums.
- Thursday 9 April 2015 ar 9:30am
- Walk, Bowling Harbour to Dumbarton Rock and Castle.
- Wednesday April 15th 2015 at 7:30pm
- AGM followed by talk, "The Work of the Buildings Department and the Hill House in Helensburgh", by Bryan Dickson, Head of Buildings at the National Trust for Scotland.
- Wednesday 22nd April 2015
- Visit to the National Museum of Flight at East Fortune and Lennoxlove House.
- Thursday 7th May 2015 at 9:30am
- Walk visiting the Wall, from Twechar via Croy Hill and Auchinstarry.
- Monday May 11th - Friday 15th 2015
- Holiday in Shropshire and the Welsh Marches. Details will be announced later.
- Tuesday 2nd June 2015
- Visit to Inveresk Lodge Garden and Dalmeny House, South Queensferry.
- Wednesday 24th June 2015 at 9:30am
- Walk, Balloch Castle Country Park and Whinny Hill Wood.
- Wednesday 15th July 2015
- Lunch at Loch Fyne Oyster Bar and visit to Ardkinglas House.
- Wednesday 29th July 2015 at 9:30am
- Walk, Falkirk Wheel to the Kelpies.
- Thursday 6th August 2015
- Visit to the Scottish Maritime Museum and cruise on Loch Lomond.
- Thursday 20th August 2015 at 9:30am
- Coastal walk from Cardwell Bay to Inverkip.
- Thursday 3rd September 2015
- Visit to Rosslyn Chapel and the Scottish Mining Museum.
NB: Coach pick-up points are normally at the bus stop outside Milngavie Railway Station and at the bus stop
outside the Bearsden Burgh Hall in Drymen Road.
Top of Page