Members' Centres and
The Bearsden and Milngavie Members' Centre enjoys a full and varied programme of activities throughout the year.
The programme for October 2013 to May 2014 is given below. Afternoon and evening talks are held at the Milngavie Town Hall (directly opposite Milngavie Rail Station) at 7:30pm or 2:30pm unless otherwise stated. Coach pick-up points are normally at the bus stop outside Milngavie Railway Station and at the bus stop outside the Bearsden Burgh Hall in Drymen Road..
For all trips please contact the leaders to find out further information and to book your place.
Non-members are welcome for a donation of £3.
Programme October 2013 to May 2014
- Thursday 10 October 2013 at 9.30am
- Trip to Sir David Baird's Monument. Meet at Milngavie Community Centre car park at 9.30am for car journey to Crieff and walk via Lady Mary's Walk alongside the River Earn to the monument.
- Monday 14 October 2013 at 2.30 pm
- Vintage afternoon tea at Cairns Church, Milngavie.
- Wednesday 16 October 2013 at 2.30pm
- Dr James Begg, "The Man's the Gowd for a'That - a remarkable Ayrshire Tale".
- Thursday 7 November 2013 at 7.30pm
- David and Wendy Rosier, "Imperial Chinese Textiles of the Qing Dynasty (1649-1911) - Ultimate Power Dressing".
- Friday 8 November 2013
- Up Close and Personal: A visit to Glasgow Museums Resource Centre and the Burrell Collection with lunch included. Coach leaves Milngavie at 10am and Bearsden at 10.15am.
- Friday 22 November 2013
- Visit to Duntreath Castle for afternoon tea with our president, Lady Julie Edmonstone. Coach leaves Milngavie Station car park at 2.30pm, returning from Duntreath about 5pm, with the option of walking to the venue from Mugdock Visitor Centre and returning by coach to the Visitor Centre.
- Tuesday 10 December 2013 at 7.30pm
- Rev. David Keddie, "From Lincoln to Obama - the Black Americans' Struggle for Civil Rights".
- Wednesday 15 January 2014 at 7.30pm
- Professor Michael Moss, "Development of the West End, a story of Fraud and Skulduggery".
- Thursday 20 February 2014 at 2.30pm
- Valerie Reilly, "The History of the Paisley Shawl".
- Thursday 27 February 2014 at 7.30pm
- Concert by Glasgow Gospel Choir, Kilmardinny House.
- Wednesday 19 March 2014 at 7.30pm
- Len Murray, VGecas - The War Criminal who lived in Edinburgh".
- Thursday 10 April 2014 at 7.30pm
- AGM, followed by a talk by Nat Edwards (Museum Director of Robert Burns Birthplace Museum at Alloway), "Pistols at Dawn - Remembering Robert Burns in Alloway".
- Monday 12 to Friday 16 May 2014
- Southern Lakes Tour 2014. This tour will include an interesting mix of houses, gardens and a small railway outing.
Top of Page