Members' Centres and
The Bearsden and Milngavie Members' Centre enjoys
a full and varied programme of activities throughout the year.
The programme for March to September 2013 is given below. All indoor meetings are held in Milngavie Town Hall (directly opposite Milngavie Rail Station) at 7:30pm or 2:30pm unless otherwise stated.
For all trips please contact the leaders to find out further information and to book your place.
Non-members are welcome for a donation of £3.
Programme March to September 2013
- Tuesday 12 March 2013
- Evening visit to the Tunnock's factory, a unique opportunity to get a behind-the-scenes look at one of Scotland's greatest exports; leader Isobel MacQueen.
- Thursday 14 March 2013
- Visit to the Grand Central Hotel with afternoon tea.
- Wednesday 20 March 2013
- Professor David Lawson, "Aotearoa: an Avian Eco Catastrophe".
- Thursday 21 March 2013
- Walk through Summerlee and Drumpellier Country Park; leader Bob Stewart.
- Friday 5 April 2013
- Walk from Dams to Darnley; leader Gordon Brown.
- Thursday 11 April 2013
- AGM with guest speaker Professor Sir Kenneth Calman (NTS Chairman).
- Monday 13 May - Friday 17 2013
- May Holiday to South Cotswolds, leader Anne Ritchie.
- Thursday 23 May 2013 9.30am
- "Doon the water" and see Millport by Shanks' pony; leaders David and Isobel MacQueen.
- Thursday 6 June 2013
- Outing to the David Livingstone Centre, Blantyre; leader Catherine Scott.
- Wednesday 12 June 2013 9.30am
- Visit to Sir David Baird Monument; leaders Keith and Jo Moody.
- Tuesday 2 July 2013
- Visit to the National Museum of Scotland and early supper at Beecraigs Country Park; leader Keith Moody.
- Thursday 25 July 2013 9.30am
- Circular walk from Bochastle near Kilmahog; leaders Andrew andf Lilias Summer.
- Thursday 8 August 2013 9.30am
- Kinlochard and the Crannog walk; leader Michael Boulton-Jones.
- Monday 9 September 2013
- Govan Heritage walk; leader Gordon Capie.
Top of Page